Pic Monkey Banner

Pic Monkey Banner

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Death Sworn by Leah Cypess

Death SwornDeath Sworn by Leah Cypess
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, I finished Death Sworn by Leah Cypess today, and I really liked it.  I got it as a recommendation for liking  Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and   The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke
.  I feel like it really held up as being similar in tone and content to those series, but that isn't to say the stories are the same.

It's pretty obvious at the end of the book that this is apparently the first in a series.  It has enough closure to the story to make it a satisfying enough read on it's own but there are quite a few dangling plot threads that I can only assume will be picked up in following books.

I guess this would fall into the category of young adult fantasy.  It has some light romantic themes but thankfully is lacking in the endless pages of angst ridden longing and insta-love.  To which I can only proclaim, Hurrah!  I'm looking forward to the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment